Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Augie's Pizza & Ribs -- Independence, OH

.
I went to Augie's Pizza & Ribs for lunch today. I had been there once before (while pregnant, so I obviously ate twice as much then as I did today. OBVIOUSLY.)

Mushroom pizza at Augie's
Located in a strip mall with some other chains (like Starbucks, Winking Lizard, Zoup!, and Aladdin's), you don't really expect to have knockout pizza there. However, the sign inside boasts that they were Voted #1 Sauce in Cleveland. So, hey, why not?

I had a mushroom slice (right). The sauce was definitely good, but it wasn't extremely memorable. In fact, there wasn't that much on the pizza.

The slice was small, but filling, as the tasty dough was on the denser side. It was a bit greasy -- not enough that it bothered me, but enough that I regretted not getting a napkin at the counter. I did enjoy the way the mushrooms were baked in with the cheese and not simply piled on top the way some other pizzerias do it.

I left feeling satisfied, but not full. Um, I guess that's how it "should" be, no? I'm always used to stuffing myself. When it comes to pizza, I rarely give myself any other choice.

The slice was closer to room temperature than I would have liked. I think that's because I got it in a to-go box, just in case I had to dart out of there in a hurry (when you're lunching with a baby, that's always a concern). I would have liked to have tasted this slice piping hot.

Many thanks, by the way, to the Augie's staff for allowing me to take pictures of the place for this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment