Saturday, March 26, 2011

Luciano's at the Fashion Show Mall -- Las Vegas, NV

Luciano's Cheese Pizza
Just a warning -- I'm going to "cheat" on this one (sorta). I'm gonna grab a bit of my yelp review that I just wrote in order to post this. (I'm sure you don't care, but whatever!)


Luciano's is a pizzeria located in the Fashion Show Mall in Las Vegas, directly across from the Wynn hotel via a street bridge. We didn't rent a car during our recent trip, so needless to say, Lorelei and I went to this mall almost every day just to walk around and grab semi-cheap eats while we waited for Derek to get back from his conference expo. Ok, I also bought a pair of shoes once.


Anyway, back to Luciano's. They have a totally affordable lunch special where you can get a slice (any type you want!), a side salad, and a drink for only $8.95. This, in my mind, is a great deal.

Especially since you can choose whatever slice you want! Usually, a specialty slice can go anywhere from $1.50 to $2.00 more than a plain cheese one. I just got plain cheese, but that's 'cause I'm a traditional kinda gal when it comes to my pizza.

A little heavy on the cheese, but not in a bad way. Greasy. But also, not in a bad way. It just made me think of those people who sop up the grease with their napkins -- which I never do, by the way.



This pizza probably gets a 7.5 out of 10 for me. The crust was definitely the best part, although it was all pretty good. When describing the crust's taste, the only word I can use to describe it is "tasteless," although that's not really true and it doesn't make it sound good. It was good. Very good. Sometimes, the best crust just doesn't have much of its own taste. It's just sort of bland, but still has an excellent texture, and its lack of a "pop" allows the other ingredients to shine. So when I say "bland crust" I mean that in the best possible way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment