|Kirkland 10" Cheese Pizza|
Yeah, I'm reviewing a pizza from Costco. You got a problem with that?
Ok. I saw these pizzas at Costco -- 4 in a box for about $10! I'll take that. It's always good to have pizza on hand in the freezer. The pizza is 10" and is plain cheese.
Costco usually surprises me (in a good way) with how good their Kirkland brand is. I especially like their paper products, but other stuff is good too. How did the pizza measure up?
Well, I have to say that I was very pleased with this -- as long as we're talking about it in terms of frozen pizza. This is not gourmet, people! Far from it. But as compared to other frozen pizzas, the Kirkland brand is a new favorite. Here's why:
- The sauce didn't really have that metallic, over-herby "fake" taste.
- The cheese was light but still substantial.
- The crust was crisp and held its contents well; it didn't fall all over the place or get all over everything when I sliced it.
- The pizza was pretty small, but was perfect for two people to share. I felt satisfied, not full, when we were done. Bonus: I didn't have that "blecch" feeling an hour later. The pizza was not greasy in the least!
- For the price, you can't beat it.
The box suggests putting the pizza in a 425-degree oven for 10-12 minutes. We did 15, as we like our cheese a teeny bit browned. It worked out great!
So, Costco members, you now have my recommendation. Go buy some cheap pizza!