Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Danny Boys Pizza -- Rocky River, OH



The in-laws visited on Sunday, and we ordered from Danny Boys Pizza. Everyone else got sandwiches -- why?! I ordered a pizza called the "Clevelander," and I just had to share the description from their online menu. It made me crack up:
This one's a little upside down, built a little backwards, and kinda right in the middle of New York and Chicago.We take a New York crust, layer with pizza cheese, extra pepperoni, fresh garlic and fresh basil, all topped Chicago style with zesty pizza sauce and parmesan cheese. The best pizza in the world is right here in Cleveland! (dannyboyspizza.com)
The Clevelander Slice from Danny Boys.
(Note: many of the slices had much more sauce than this. But I ate 'em.)


I did, in fact, enjoy this pizza very much because it had some of the best elements of New York and Chicago styles. If given the choice, there's no way I'd go with Chicago style over New York, but I do appreciate the extra sauce and parmesan sprinkled on top of the mozzarella. I had a 12" pie, and it was all I could do to not finish the entire thing. It was delicious, and the sauce was zesty. In addition, there was a distinct garlicky taste that was not overwhelming, but still very present in this pizza.

Next-day test: Not even close to as good as on day one. That's unfortunate. After the reheat, it dried up quite a bit and just didn't taste the same. Sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment